Monday 2 January 2012

Almost a stereotype

It's a very wet, drizzly day. The people I'm with are heading back to our vehicle fairly quickly, but I keep falling behind to grab this shot or that, and then having to run to catch up. This is one shot that I had to run for, but I'm really glad I stopped to take it!


I didn't alter any of the settings for this picture. Auto white balance, 0 exposure bias, aperture 4.0 and 1/60 exposure length. I did crop out the top left of the picture in order to remove some noise and focus in on what I really like about this picture. And while in a hurry, cold and getting wet, I still managed to get the exact shot I wanted - The water drops on the branch are in focus, while the building roof in behind makes a wonderful, fuzzy red background. With more time (and a tripod) I think I could have made the drops even sharper, but overall, I'm pleased with this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment