Wednesday 25 January 2012

Video cards, part 1

My boyfriend has a load of old computer parts, so I asked if there were any I could take pictures of - I wanted ones that he wasn't afraid I would damage, just in case! He offered up a whole drawer full of colourful cards, and over the next several days I will share a few of my favourite images with you.


As soon as I flipped to the back of this card, I knew what I wanted a picture of. This little section reminds me of a portrait on someone's wall, with a lovely silver frame.

I had to hand-hold the card for this one, because I was trying to get closer to the window (and natural light) than my table would allow. As a result, the card was at a slight angle, and the right is a smidge further from the camera than the left. It makes the "portrait" look crooked, but I'm pretty sure it's not. Next time, I will move all the furniture instead!

Auto white balance, 0 exposure bias, ISO 800, aperture 2.8 and 1/25 exposure length, no flash.

No comments:

Post a Comment