Saturday 14 January 2012

Two-for-one

Today is a two-for-one! Using the same physical set up, I took two quite different pictures, and I want to show them both.

The other day, I shared a link to a video of a man Wimp.com called the MacGyver of Photography. I didn't try to recreate what he did there, but it got me thinking about different ways of getting interesting looks. As with yesterday's post, can you guess what this is??


This is a glass of ordinary tap water. I focused the camera on the bubbles on the near side of the glass, and in behind the glass was a piece of green bubble wrap. I really like the way the sides of the glass warp the bubbles in the wrap.


On the flip side is this one. Instead of focusing on the air bubbles on the glass, I forced the camera to look past that, and focus instead on the bubble wrap at the back. The air bubbles look virtually superimposed on the wrap. (And this time there's a neat, slightly different kind of warping happening at the top from the surface of the water. I should have been using a tripod instead of hand-held!)

I really like both pictures, and I love how such a small change makes such a big difference in the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment