Sunday 22 January 2012

Snow in a tree

This picture was taken through a not-very-clean window, which affects the sides a bit, but I found a clear enough spot for the important part of the image. However, because of the angle of the tree branch, there was no where else to go to capture this image. I'm amazed by how much snow is balanced on such a thin branch, and I've been eyeing this image for days!


For this image, I tried to take some advice from yesterday's post about cropping, as well as from a book I've been reading where the author talks about cutting out the clutter. This image would be more powerful without the trees in the back, but that just wasn't an option. However, I did zoom in (instead of cropping after) to clear away all the rest of this particular tree's branches - and I think it is a better picture than if I had left it all in there!

Auto white balance, 0 exposure bias, ISO 800, aperture 5.0 and 1/1000 exposure length, no flash.

No comments:

Post a Comment